I have a new routine going for September. Much to my delight, my friends are in South Africa, meeting their new little 18 month old son for the first time! Their court date went well yesterday, and they have themselves a happy, chubby boy! In order for them to be able to be away, I had some time ago promised to run her daycare while she traveled. God works in amazing ways- 2 months ago, their adoption seemed a LONG ways off, and now here I am, playing and hanging out with more littles. Though I will be working 5 days a week, and cannot imagine how I will get out of the house at 7:30 with 2 kids in tow for that length of time, or how hubby and I will juggle getting the kids to activities such as hockey, piano, preschool, etc, I am interested to see if my house will stay cleaner if we are not home all day???? Unless we tear it apart looking for things in the morning at the last minute???
For those of my praying friends, I would continue to ask for prayer for our family. K has come back from visiting his dad, and cries every night because he misses his dad and his sister and wants her to come back home. Little M and J are feeling it too, as well as the Skipper. Though there are many blessings and things to be enjoyed in my life right now, I feel the absence of my daughter right down to my toes and am finding it hard to sleep as that is when the tears come. I don't know how people do life without God. In the wee hours of the morning, when I am fighting becoming overwhelmed with guilt, worry, regret, and sadness, I know that God is who He says He is, that He is my refuge and our daughter's, an ever present help in trouble. He promises to fight my battles for me, if I am just STILL. So, that is what I am trusting Him to do- to fight for this family. I know that though He will use this for His glory, if I will just stay out of the way and let Him work. I am so, so thankful that we are not alone, aren't you?

For those of my praying friends, I would continue to ask for prayer for our family. K has come back from visiting his dad, and cries every night because he misses his dad and his sister and wants her to come back home. Little M and J are feeling it too, as well as the Skipper. Though there are many blessings and things to be enjoyed in my life right now, I feel the absence of my daughter right down to my toes and am finding it hard to sleep as that is when the tears come. I don't know how people do life without God. In the wee hours of the morning, when I am fighting becoming overwhelmed with guilt, worry, regret, and sadness, I know that God is who He says He is, that He is my refuge and our daughter's, an ever present help in trouble. He promises to fight my battles for me, if I am just STILL. So, that is what I am trusting Him to do- to fight for this family. I know that though He will use this for His glory, if I will just stay out of the way and let Him work. I am so, so thankful that we are not alone, aren't you?

3 comments:
How great for your friend....she is getting a baby and she had a friend like you to count on.
I will pray for you as you face that daily adventure. :)
And I will continue to lift your whole family in prayer. I know the ache....I pray that during those times you feel His presence surround and hold you. He is near to the broken hearted.
Love ya girl...really!
He is faithful
praying for you right this minute... may you find the peace that passes understanding, friend....
My sweet, sweet friend.
I wish I were closer, I'd come cry and praise with you. How much is a long distance phone call to canada, anyway??
I love the picture you put at the bottom of your post. You can't take one person from a family for very long before their absence is felt.
love to you!!
Post a Comment