I attempted to sleep in on Saturday morning. The prawn season and early bootcamp workouts are taking their toll... 4 kids and 13 years into motherhood, I have lowered my definition of sleeping in. It usually means I am fully awake, listening to the wrestling/loud music/squabbling/dishes crashing, but as long as I can remain horizontal, I am pretty content. My 6 year old and 3 year old were cuddling in with me, but when it changed to wrestling, I kicked them out... On their way out of the room,J, who has a peanut allergy, loudly exclaimed that I had an almond lying on my bedroom floor. ( I keep them in my dresser sometimes to nibble on- he is not actually allergic to almonds, but they are usually processed on the same equipment, so he should not eat them.) Naturally, that caused Little M to bend over and pick it up, which set his cautious brother off. "M, you have to wash your hands now! Go wash your hands!" Of course, this caused sensitive Little M to freeze and refuse to do it. I muttered something about how it was ok, but how J shouldn't touch the almond himself...They mosied out eventually, and a little while later, I came downstairs to this:

I giggled and asked him WHY on earth he was wearing a thick plastic (much too small!)rainsuit to eat breakfast in. He emphatically replied that since M wouldn't wash his hands, he had to wear something to keep protect himself! I struggled to keep a straight face while I complimented him on being cautious. The poor kid obviously thinks he has to take matters in his own hands if his mom is just going to lie around in bed...


I giggled and asked him WHY on earth he was wearing a thick plastic (much too small!)rainsuit to eat breakfast in. He emphatically replied that since M wouldn't wash his hands, he had to wear something to keep protect himself! I struggled to keep a straight face while I complimented him on being cautious. The poor kid obviously thinks he has to take matters in his own hands if his mom is just going to lie around in bed...

5 comments:
Too precious!! He's a guy who takes the initiative--he'll go far in life. :-)
www.diaryof1.com
THAT is just priceless!
Aren't you glad you caught that on camera?
Too cute!
See they are fine to look out for themselves...you could have stayed in bed much longer! :)
And oh the prawn season....makes my eyes a little misty. I have one bag of shrimp in the freezer and I hesitate to use them because I don't know when I will get more. Oh for some good ole barbecue shrimp....or better yet...some good ole boiled shrimp!
Mountains or seafood......guess I'll have to enjoy what I have. :)
And RYC......I guess we would have stayed for the game if Julia had had school off today-Memorial Day. But since we had so many snow days it was either give up Memorial Day or give up a Saturday. What a choice.
Very funny kid.
That's hilarious!!!
:)
-Laura
Post a Comment