This one is from Miriam, over at My Country Cupboard. She wants me to list 7 random/weird things I do/have done in my kitchen. hmmm.
1) *naughty grin*. You'll never know. (What! You must have seen that one coming, Miriam!)
2) boy, this is hard. Why is it so hard, I spend a lot of time in my kitchen and I am weird and random.... How about lip synching and dancing with the intent to embarrass my children/make them laugh when they are grumpy.
3) I talk on the phone and cook at the same time. As soon as my kids see me on the phone, they try to come ask me questions/write me notes and hold them in front of my face. I make loud, flamboyant figure snapping sounds and arm gestures to scare them off. If I have to get really tough, I have been known to jump up and down, snap my finger, wave my arms, and mouth "OUT!" quietly but with great exaggeration in my face. Yah, I know. Hang up the phone and deal with it properly, and with a little bit of dignity.
4) We have a picnic table in our kitchen. Long story. Since it used to be outside, I had to spend time picking off sticky spider webs and their egg sacs. Mmmm, wanna come for dinner??? That was years ago. You'd be safe now.
5) I save little insects most of the time, but I am merciless with kitchen ants and slap them silly when they invade my kitchen.
6) When Little M was an infant, and I was homeschooling and getting NO sleep, I believe I randomly laid down in the middle of the kitchen a few times. It is a blur.
7) I hide behind the open fridge door and sneak choc chips out of the bag- except usually I drop some and the kids are onto the sound of them hitting the floor.
8) oh, oh, had to come back and add an extra one. Just went to pour my tea. It was cool, so I popped it in the microwave for a minute. When I went to close the door, I swung it too hard as I walked by- it flew open again and hit me in the back of my head, causing me to choke slightly on my mouthful of corn chips. How is that for random events? I think that that will totally be the way that I will one day die- alone, in the kitchen in a very undignified manner.
Meme #2
Linda tagged me for this one. BTW, if you haven't already, go read one of her latest posts here. It resonated deeply with me:
5 Things I Have Learned From Blogging:
1. Not everyone who uses the Internet is a psycho. If you are, go away... The rest of you can stay.
2. Even though I have lovely, special, irreplaceable friends in "real" life, I have made many real friends here too- friends that check in with me, pray for me, entrust me with their struggles, and laugh at my corny jokes.
3. I am touched every time I read through my list of blogs that I visit: sometimes you make me laugh, sometimes you make me cry, and often you inspire me to be a better woman for my husband, my kids and the Lord.
4. I have learned practical things like how to save money, great recipes, new music, or good reads. I often come back to look up something on your blogs that you have recommended.
5. I have learned about different cultures and countries. I tend to gravitate towards blogs of busy Christian mommies like myself. I like to get the behind the scene scope on your areas and lifestyle. I have found that no matter our differences in geography, accents, etc, we share a common desire to serve our Lord and families. Thank you for your encouragement. Thank you for your transparency, and thank you for letting me know that I am not the only one that falls short of the mark sometimes. Thank you for all the scripture that points me back to The Truth.
If you want to play along with either meme, let me know so I can come read.
11 comments:
Good Morning,
I would like to see #3 on video. I need to improve my technic. wink*
Have a glorious day.
Your random list cracked me up!
i got such a hoot out of your first meme. the picnic table sounds so cozy and the chocolate chip caper sounds hilarious! i was tempted to cock my head to the side while i read it, but i'd have to take off my dark shades too and it's too early around here! ;o) dang i can't stand that david caruso. drives me nuts.
and for the 5 things you've learned...loved it. this network of friends truly is a wonderful gift!
O.K, I had a little laugh at your vengeful microwave oven.At least in our camper I don't have to worry about it getting me....I'd have to be standing on a stool for that to happen. See it is helpful not to be tall sometimes. :)
And you know I am in agreement with you on the ladies here in blogdom. Don't know how I would have made it without them this past year.
Just to let you know...I had a picnic table for a long time in the kitchen until my sister gave me her cast off. Then after that one I got my Moms cast off. We will have to see if it makes it to the new to me next house.
This was great! I really liked your blog meme answers! Oh but #8... with the corn chips was hysterical... and SO something that would happen to me.
Oh, and why is it that kids can always identify the snack we are so carefully sneaking? I can eat chocolate 3 hours before they come home from school and they will say "mom.. is that chocolate on your breath? WHERE IS IT? WE WANT SOME PUH-LEEZ!" My secret stash of junk food is never safe.
common desire to serve our Lord and families
That's one of my favorite things about blogging too!
You know what? I'm a little freaked out that I really COULDN'T eat on your picnic table no matter how long it's been spiderless because I am worried that that's where numero uno took place!!
Anywho. I love my bloggy friends a ridiculous amount too. And I hope you know that you are right there at the top of my list.
Oh yeah. Who's David Caruso?
Please don't choke because I am gathering that there is something really wrong with me for not knowing, but I am trying to remedy that, see?
Oh Gayle, you are the only one who touched #1. You would be safe eating off my table. I don't exactly recall what has gone on in my kitchen, but perhaps something has...I just thought I would throw that in to see if anyone was paying attention.
David Caruso, aka Horatio, off of CSI Miami. His character is so annoying. I don't think he is supposed to be though.
Love the chocolate chip thing. In our new house, we have a pantry - a real pantry, with a door. Yesterday, as I stood inside the pantry sneaking mini-chocolate bars, I realized that someday I will be in there, with the door shut, sneaking chocolate. Glad to know I'm not the only one! :-)
Wow, somehow I thought I was following your blog, and realized that I WASN'T!! I totally missed out on all this great reading!!
LOL!!!! at #1!! And bigger LOL at Gayle@ for putting that and the picnic table together...
I'm so glad I made it about the kitchen - that was fun :P
Post a Comment