The idea of Pay It Forward is as follows:
"Come join in the fun and make the world a happier place. So this is how it goes...It’s the Pay It Forward Exchange. It’s based of the concept of the movie “Pay it Forward” where acts or deeds of kindness are done without expecting something in return, just passing it on, with hope that the recipients of the acts of kindness are passed on. So here’s how it works:
Sharon sent me a lovely parcel with things that I like: teas, ciders, a book, etc. I have been enjoying the goodies. Now it is time to do my part and pay it forward with a contest of my own. So far, my prize is made up of some things Canadian, like a cd of the music from Anne of Green Gables, and a gourmet chocolate bar from an island near me, as well as some candles- we'll see what other items I find...
I am sorry, but I too am just mailing to Canada and the U.S. (apologies to Fee!)
So, the only thing you have to do to qualify is leave me a fabulous comment. OOPS, there is ONE more itty bitty thing: post some pics of your highschool fashions, (biggest hair and bluest eye shadow you can find!),preferably grad pics if you have them. My pal Emily had a baby contest a while ago and that was so much fun, I thought I would take it into the teens. I finally found my album falling apart in a closet, so you are in for a BIG hair, teal treat, folks:
This is me, hours before the big grad night. Notice the button up blouse in order to not mess up my fabulous, large do when it was time to slip into my gown.

A side view...

My dress was to die for...it really was...at the time, anyways. Do you like my matching shoes?

Look how happy I am- maybe I should try that hair style again. It makes my head look really big, which might slim out my hips.

So let me know if you are participating. The contest will close at midnight, Sunday, February 17th. I am having breakfast with my smart friend Kathleen tomorrow, so I will have her teach me how to use the random generator thingy in order to pick a winner (yes, i am chicken to pick it myself- that will cause me to lay awake at night and worry about your poor hurt feelings).
13 comments:
Funny that I have never seen those pictures of you before...
Anyhoo I will dig up my grad pic, it's the formal pose with the scroll kind. I don't think I wore the hat. I hope not.
See you tomorrow bright and early, I'm already planning what I'm going to eat!
awwwwwwwww.... not fair!!!! teehee
I might just do the post for fun though!
You look gorgeous doll! I still love that romantic up hairdoo!
I love your hair and dress! My high school pictures are all safely hidden at my parents house far away in Alabama. I don't know if I have any here or not.
How beautiful were you in high school! Very elegant!
Now it is going to sound like I am being a copy cat but--seriously my pictures are in storage about an hour away.
Remember the whole taring down of the old house--waiting for the new?
I will look around but I think the oldest I have here is an engagement picture--that might have been high school for you. :) Or grade school?
I hope I am not that old.
I will post it as soon as I find it and then put up a little something about your giveaway.I don't have a scanner so I will have to take a picture of a picture.
You don't have to enter me in the drawing though.
u didn't miss anything. I am teaching the book of Isaiah for our women's group at church. I am having lead feet when it comes to studying for it. Probably just a tad scared.
Not as brave as my girl. :)
Ah, the good ol' days! My hair was H-U-G-E! But I think that those pictures are at my Moms. Let me see what I can do between now and Sunday...
well darn it! my grad pics aren't that embarrassing. You were gorgeous big hair or not! Love that color of blue, also.
Is it an American thing to NOT have your grad pictures in your possession??? Any 80's, 90's pic will do. I tried to figure out the linky thing ladies, but I need to do that another time when I have more brain power. Right now I am off to bake sugar cookies for a Valentine party and figure out how to make a snake cake for my soon to be 5 year old who entered this world on Valentine's Day.
I love this idea! If I have time, I will dig out an old high school photo and post it on my blog. Fun!
LOVE your hair and the shoes that match the dress. Fun. Looks like my dream prom idea - I wanted a hot pink dress and matching shoes. I got the dress, don't remember about the shoes. I put my hair up in these super tight rollers and looked like I stuck my finger in a light socket. Good thing I have NO pictures.
OH! My daughter was born on Valentine's Day too! She will be 7 tomorrow!
Oh lordy lordy. I found a picture of myself at prom - matching shoes and all. Will post later. Oh my. I can't believe I have a picture. Yikes.
You look very pretty. I actually like the dress! and the hair is wonderful! You DO look like a doll (to repeat what Fee said).
My highschool pictures are not all that bad. I didn't graduate until 95, so my clothes didn't have that 80's look that Cindy pulled off. I also didn't dress up for Prom (I was a bit of a rebel ( ; Anyway, if I pulled out my middle school pictures, THAT would be something to laugh about, and NO... those will NEVER be posted on the internet. ~K
Argh. After a couple of wasted hours, I'm giving up on posting my pics. Just didn't work. Darn, had a good story to go with it too.
I'm totally in on this one!! I've posted some beauties!
Thanks!!
Post a Comment