Upon finding Mr J, age 4, out of the bath, dunking his head in the sink while his little body dripped puddles on the counter, this is what I heard "But Mom, I just THLIPPED over here. " Really, slipped out of a deep tub, across the bathroom, and up onto the counter? Hmmm, made me smile though.
As he padded past me, wrapped up in a towel, he stopped, held up a foot, and said "Don't forget about my slither!" I didn't tell him that he meant sliver- it is just too cute when they still have their little lisps. I inwardly laugh everytime he asks for someone to pass the Mymagima (Aunt Jemima syrup). It sounds a lot like "my vag*na". Oh, small things amuse small minds,(and causes them to lose blog readers!)
I was crushed the day that my ex taught my daughter to say Cinderella properly. She used to ask for "Cinderbellella". K, my 2nd, used to sound adorable with the classic "pskgetti", and Little M, who is still just 2, has the sweetest toddler accent everytime he opens his mouth. I will stop gushing about my kids now. I have to go deal with a "wedgie situation" between 2 of my darling boys. Back to reality!
7 comments:
Until sometime fairly recently Billy said "remocomatrol" for remote control. It was so cute that I suppose we encouraged it! Just like when Harrison always said "gokey tow" for grocery store. Ahhhh memories...
We live right next to a town named Mandeville. When Michael was little he thought it was man namebill. And Julia used to call him mamul.
Sweet memories. :)
I love toddler talk and all their little lisps! I am usually the first to correct them though...my hubby actually encourages it because he thinks it's so cute. He'll start using the words too! Just with the toddlers, of course. LOL
I love those little words too! We used to say "don't fix it" when somebody would try to correct them.
Kullen is 10 but has a serious underbite and lisps quite a bit. We are getting our butts to an orthodontist.
You knew I'd love the Jemima one didn't you? My youngest is four and I just love the cute little things he says in his boy voice. And everytime I think about the fact that his baby voice is going to go away soon I get really sad. What am I going to do without a cutie in the house????
How cute.
I was sad when my youngest learned to say living room instead of livvy loom.
We are not small minded.
We are easily amused. There's a big distinction.
I giggled when I read your words.
We have a few of ours, too.
Mini-E says "Dep" for "Yep"
J-man says all kinds of things that are cute - but nearly impossible to spell.
One of my favorites shall always be G saying "Pan-yo" for Piano. :-) Those were the days.
Post a Comment