1. What is the oddest thing you have in your house?
I am having a hard time thinking of an anwer. We don't have anything super odd that I can think of, but then maybe I just don't notice because I am too eccentric! Our house is different than other houses as it is unfinished. We have a big, rough looking picnic table sitting in our kitchen where our island will eventually go. I don't have cupboards and keep our groceries in totes. We have plywood floors in areas. Man, I am a bit disappointed that I don't have anything weirder in here!
2. What is God doing in your life right now?
Wow, I feel like He is working so much in my heart, especially in the past year. I used to think that I had things pretty much together, but I am becoming more aware of my own shortcomings and humanness and more aware of God's grace and patience with me. He has been speaking to me in the areas of daily prayer and quiet time with Him. I am becoming more aware of my need to sit and be instead of "do, do, do , do do!" He is working in me to stop being timid and to be more outspoken for Him.
He has truly blessed me with 4 healthy children and a fabulous husband- I can get overwhelmed and look at the problems, such as my worry about my oldest as a result of the divorce from my first marriage, but I can really feel Him prompting me to trust Him, cover my children in prayer, and allow them to have their own journey with Him.
I could go on and on here...
3. What's the best (or favorite) thing you've done with or for your kids?
Let's see...this is not what I expected to say, but I think that I got their love of reading partly from me, and I have lots of fond memories of them each on my lap or all around me while we looked at books. I love those moments of reading with them- especially when it clicks and they become able to read the words themselves.
As far as just a fun activity, I would have to say our dance sessions in the living room. The Madagascar soundtrack is a popular one here, so the kids and I have a good time boogying to that. I like to demonstrate how I am going to interupt their first dates or weddings with a singing or dancing solo- and then proceed to dance like a goof (so, pretty much my normal way of dancing),and to belt out the song in a crazy vibrato. I nearly broke my daughter's leg once as I was leading her in a crazy waltz and somehow we got air in the middle of a spin and I crashed on top of her, smooshing her into our hardwood floor!
I completely stole this next question...but now I can't remember where...
4. If money were no object, where would you go?
I have always wanted to go to Ireland and Scotland. I want to climb up the Alps into a meadow of flowers. I want to see the French countryside, to see the ruins in Greece and Rome, to take my daughter to Egypt, which she has loved ever since she was tiny. It would be great to take a leisurely vacation with the family- to have enough money to stay and really experience the culture in all these places, and to bring along someone reliable to stay with the kids once and a while so hubby and I could go for walks or quiet times once and a while.
I would love to visit the eastern side of Canada and the States as well. That could be a reality one day if we save up and pile into our 5th wheel one summer. ( we just bought a 15 year old one in really good shape). The other thing I would like to do with the family is to take them on a missions trip somewhere, but now I am getting off topic as this was meant to be an explanation of where I would want to go if money was no object. I think that I started to feel guilty just thinking about it!
5. Name 5 things that begin with "s" that you have in your garage
1) snake - one of those rubbery things that hatch out of the fake egg and is supposed to expand as it absorbs water- GROSS. I made K put it there because I hate snakes and it looks realistic. I now stand in our laundry room, which opens into the garage, and I throw the recycling at the recycling boxes as I don't want to walk past that thing hanging out in the bucket of water!
2) shoes- we keep the 2 older boys' shoes for whoever grows into them next.
3) stain for our siding - that is where my hubby paints our siding as he is putting it up as it is heated in there.
4) strollers
5) soccer ball
So, there you go! Thanks Comfy Denim- nothing embarassing or too difficult! You did make me think of how I need to have more FUN with the kids right now- just some crazy, silly moments! So, am I supposed to offer to give someone else questions now? Anyone game?
3 comments:
You made me laugh. I LOVE your answers - especially the snake. I love the picture of having the kids all around you to read to them. That's fantastic and reminds me to read to mine.
Isn't God fun?
If anyone wants to play - you can think of 5 random answers for them. :-) Can't wait to see if anyone plays.
I love it --you sound so down to earth. And I take it you have a handy man for a hubby-I do too.
I love reading too--I read with my son and he did not pick up the passion. My daughter loves to read and we enjoy reading together.
i love your answers.
dancing with my kids is one of my favorite things.
Post a Comment