Sara's assignment for today was pretty tough: our all time favourite song. That's just impossible for me to figure out, so I came up with a bit of a smorgasbord which includes an oldie, a remake, and a one that is more recent. I still am ticked at myself for being so untrue to myself and the Lord, that a lot of songs from the late 80's, early 90's bring up yucky emotions for me. Without launching into that whole sob story, I still came up with some faves (some of you will recognize that I have already posted about 2 of them- just goes to show how much I like 'em!) I included video for them all. You can watch them all, or just pick one. Maybe you will grab your partner and swing them around the room. Perhaps you will be like me and grab a hair brush to belt out the first one, sway to the second, and praise to the third. Do whatever you like, just leave me a comment!
The first makes me laugh EVERY time I hear it, as my sis and I used to lip sync it for my mom, who would bust a gut each time. I was Kenny, minus the beard, gray hair, and well... the fact that I'm not a male, and my sis was Dolly, minus the gi-normous cleavage. Get a load of Dolly's side slit- yikes.
This one is a fave because it is sweet and sincere without being smarmy.
This one I love because...it's just AWESOME! We used to have it on a Mahalia Jackson record. I DARE you to not feel better after listening!
Now, go have a great day!
ps- thanks to Sara for hosting such a fun carnival.
3 comments:
Well, don't know that the first was a favorite...but it sure brought back some memories.
And since we live where we live we see Mrs Dolly on t.v quite often since Dollywood is about an hour from here. It is the theme park she opened and it is pretty good. She of course has a museum with all of her outfits and awards. Girl you out to see how TINY her waist is in some of those dresses....especially compared to what that waist supports! :0
And of course I love the last song...I just listened to two. I hope that Whoopie (s.p) remembers those words to that song at some time in her life. It is a great song..and I loved the movie.
Hope you are doing well....and your family also?
"we got something going on"....YEP!! too much plastic surgery kenny & dolly!
i ♥ chantel kreviazuk but can't pronounce her last name?
and how can anyone NOT smile and feel warm & fuzzy after "HAPPY DAY"?
off to find my hairbrush now.
still singing O Happy Day- I read this post last week (forgot to comment) and it's been stuck since.
thanks.
no, really :)
Post a Comment