It was time for a hair cut. Even Mr J, himself, was insisting that he had girl hair in the back. The big V in the front was his own version of a hair cut a few weeks ago- he basically cut his cow lick down to nothing. I thought it was hilarious, but I did inform him to please come ask me to do it next time. So, as always seems to happen, we had an spontaneous barber time after dinner last night.



I see his hair was hiding some bruises! Now he looks a lot older than 5 and doesn't seem to mind the patchy spots. In my defense, he wanted it really short, and this is just how that looks on him- he is now half forehead! I didn't dare go short enough to blend in with his still shorter cow lick. I know I will hear about it from my sis and SIL, but hey, he likes it. His siblings offered a few comments: " Ah, it's a bit uneven" (while she pointed to a little shaved patch above his R ear), and "Hey, now I can write messages on your forehead!"- this was our 8 year old son, of course. The Skipper gets home tomorrow- I can see his eyebrows raised already. I've seen HIS hair cutting skills though, so he won't have much to say!
8 comments:
I cut all my kids' hair too. Cheap, but not always nice looking. :-) My 4 year old is deathly afraid of the electric clippers, so lately I've been using the scissors. It's ok, but not great. I recently tried to cut my 2 year old's hair - had to fix it a couple days ago, I just couldn't stand how bad it looked. :-)
Oh well, it's free!!!!!
I think you did a great job. He looks like a whole new boy! Now stuff the 10-15 dollars that you saved into your own pocket and go catch a movie with a friend.
Keith has clippers he uses. When the weather gets warm-what little hair there is--goes.
He started this because about 4 years ago he was giving himself a haircut and the clip came loose and he cut all the way to the scalp. No damage except the only answer was to cut it all off. Not so bad really except that we were just coming off winter with not much sun exposure--thus very white head. The bad thing--we had dinner plans with some good friends. You should have seen their faces--priceless! I was glad they were close friends. :)
Little boys can get away with anything. Um....even if they are in their 40'ss. ;)
What a cutie! :)
Thanks for voting!!
Tiffany is doing ok... has a 50/50%chance of the pregnancy progressing. :( She's hanging in there.
Hey, it's not bad. You did a pretty good good job from what I can see. :)
The first time I ever cut my oldest son's hair, he looked like a very sick child, though he was as healthy as they come. No bruises, just these great large brwon eyes with this knobby head. I won't foregt it too soon, and that was 19 years ago. :)
I like it! There's something mischievous in his eyes that reminds me of my boys. :-)
I've cut some doosies on the gremlins and have to remind myself that yes, it will grow back.
Wow, that's dramatic! What a pile of hair on the floor. (You almost hate to throw it all away.) :~D
BTW, it's nice to meet you. I think we share the same shoreline here on the west coast of NA. (With lots of liquid sunshine.)
Blessings,
e-Mom @ Chrysalis
Post a Comment