Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Oh Happy Day



***I originally tried to post this on Sunday- it didn't work then and showed up today for some reason! Now it is still not working right, but read this and go to the post below to see the video. Is anyone else having trouble like this?****

There is no greater message that the gift of salvation. This morning my soul sang when I listened to this! I know I have posted it before, but I think that we should have this playing in our hearts 27/7! Take a minute and listen- bet it lifts your spirits too. I thank Jesus that no matter my circumstances, I can live with joy because He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, and His word STANDS!

Romans 8:38-40 (The Message)
The Message (MSG)
Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

31-39So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn't hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn't gladly and freely do for us? And who would dare tangle with God by messing with one of God's chosen? Who would dare even to point a finger? The One who died for us—who was raised to life for us!—is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us. Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ's love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture:

They kill us in cold blood because they hate you.
We're sitting ducks; they pick us off one by one.
None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I'm absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us.

1 comment:

Growin' with it said...

Incredible reminder of the unfathomable relationship we humbly have with the God who created us! Thanks.