Where did you and hubby meet?
I first met my hubby back when I was about 18 or 19 (?) I guess. I just kinda knew him as the new guy at church who drove an ugly old orangy pick-up and who played tennis with my youth pastor friend. I was already in a long term relationship with my ex husband and was away at college for most of the time, I think. I remember playing floor hockey, football, etc, against him with the College and Careers group at church before and after my first husband and I were married. My family has a habit of adopting single people to join us for Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving dinners,etc, and I have since looked back in my daughter's baby book and have seen hubby's name recorded at those gatherings. I even realized later that my 2nd hubby was at my 1st wedding, even though he wasn't invited. (are you confused yet?) He came with a girl who he was friends with. I never put "and escort" on her invitation, so he owes me the $25 for the extra dinner at the reception!
Where did you go on your first date?
I do not remember our first official date. Dating as a single mom is a strange thing. Having two little children makes for very simple dates, such as watching videos at home, going for walks for ice cream with the kids, etc. The kids and I were definitely a package deal!
What is the farthest you have traveled from home?
Last year we went to Mexico for the first time. Other than that, I spent a weekend in Los Vegas in my early 20's, a week in St John's, Newfoundland (the opposite side of Canada)on a band exchange in highschool, and a week in Disneyland with my family when I was 15. Other than those trips and traveling to Regina to see my 1st husband graduate from the RCMP Academy, I have pretty much stayed in British Columbia, and the neighbouring province of Alberta.
When Did you become a Christian?
My mom rededicated her life when I was a toddler, and my dad became a Christian when I was 6. I remember giving my heart to Christ at the age of 4, but then doing it again and again through my childhood, just to make sure! I have spent my whole life growing in my relationship with Him- though there have been periods of stagnation and stunted growth for sure!
What is the oddest thing you have eaten?
Hmmm, I did eat canned dogfood to impress my cousin when I was 8. (He was obviously a boy if that impressed him!). My brother once talked me into eating baking soda and drinking vinegar to see what would happen. Indigestion is what happened. To his credit, he did it as well.
I almost ate moose poo, yes, I said MOOSE POO, once. I was 8 and we lived in a more northerly part of BC. My brother (yes the same one as in the story above) and I were trudging along in the snow and when we came across a pile of moose dung, he told me that it was figs. Yes, I said FIGS. Now being an imaginative and extremely gullible child, I was taken with romantic notion, and reached down to pick up a piece. When it was approaching my lips, my mischievious, but intelligent to know how much poop he would get into himself brother, suddenly yelled to stop. To this day, I am telling you- I would have taken a nibble if he hadn't cautioned me!


(In researching these pictures, I learned that moose poo is actually called a nugget, and that they are actually dried, polished up and made into jewellry. If I still lived in that area Gayle, I would send you some lovely earrings!
Anyways, those are some answers for Sharon- are you sorry you asked?!?
10 comments:
Ok, which cousin did you impress by eating the dogfood? And which brother talked you into the baking soda and vinegar? You've got to name names here!
That is just too funny that your 2nd hubby was at your first wedding. If only you'da known, eh?
My friend used to live in Northern BC. Where was it that you lived?
f I had known that you had such funny answers I would have asked you some questions too. I am so happy for you that your brother stopped you before you popped that "fig" into your mouth.
That first word should have been "if"
I feel very enlightened!
Gross!
Moose nuggets!
And how strange that your future was found in your past.Pretty sneaky of God. :)
But, if you had not taken your past--you wouldn't have your future.(kids)
Pretty interesting.
Thank you girl!
I am glad I asked. WHO KNEW!
BTW, you were also the "Skinny" conversation, definitely.
"Doing it again and again through my childhood, just to make sure."
Yup, me too. I think I prayed the prayer of salvation with every late night televangelist while growing up! ~K
I knew it wouldn't be sweet angel of a boy Nathan talking you into ingesting something explosive! The cousin one did have me a bit stumped though, that could have been any of them!!! Well, except Matthew, I really can't see that from him!
moose poo...that's a new one. I hadn't heard of anyone almost trying that. Now I am complete.
Moose poo earrings, huh? I think I could fit those into my wardrobe!
Sounds like it's time for another bit of traveling...maybe to meet some bloggy friends at the next meet up? You WERE voted the skinniest, most cutest freckles blog friend that we would like to meet next year!
Post a Comment