Friday, March 23, 2007

Whiteboard Wonder!

I love this whiteboard- it cost less than $20.00. It is a sheet of MDF with melamine on it- this way if one of our little ones colors on it with something permanent, we can eventually replace it without a lot of expense. I was a bit sceptical about how wipeable it would be, but with some whiteboard cleaner and a cloth, it comes quite clean. My dh cut it into a 4x4 piece and mounted it in our dining/schooling room. The plan was to build sliding doors for it so it wouldn't be so obvious, but we haven't gotten around to that yet. I guess one day I should blog about how we have been building our house for the last 4 years- living in it for the last two. A frame or doors for the white board is low on the priority list.

Having this teaching tool has made such a huge difference for me, especially as I multi level teach. I write a basic schedule up on the board and my kids check it off as they go. Doing their work on it is a nice change for them too. It is great for practicing handwriting as standing at the board helps develop different muscles.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I had a white board which we used every day, it was such a great inexpensive tool. Until one day, I mistaked a Sharpie for the white board pen!!! BooHoo no more white board.

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love the spring-y feel over here, and that is a GREAT color on that wall! I had that in the living room of our old house. Right now, we are renting a house with plain white walls - as we build our house...sounds like you know about building a house!

Unknown said...

That last comment was from Jennifer at diaryof1.com, by the way! Jennifer is way too common a name!

justjuls said...

We have a white board like this! We LOVE it - but we didn't cut ours - it is so hugemongous. My dining room doesn't have any wall space - being two full walls of windows and another wall of french doors. We have it propped in a corner - but I think I want to do something else with it now. I hate it where it is. But how inexpensive is that? It's $30 for the ones at Walmart that are 3x4.

HEY - and if you do what coffee mom did and ever hit it with the wrong kind of marker - just shoot it with hairspray and wipe. Nothing else first - it takes permanent ink right off! I promise - and out of clothes and fabric too.