Some things I did this week:
* met up with my ex and dropped off my two oldest to him for a couple of weeks. They were both glad and nervous to go, but they sound like they are having lots of fun. I miss them and will be bummed to not be with my daughter on her bd again this year, but she wanted to spend it with her dad, and that is totally ok. We will celebrate when she gets home.
* boated to what is seriously one of the most beautiful spots on earth: Princess Louisa Inlet and Chatterbox Falls. You feel heaven there. What an experience to look at the immense cliffs running with waterfalls while listening to How Great Is Our God, by Chris Tomlin.
* I just got back from a 4 hour root canal session with my dentist. This was the last installment and I am gloriously happy that it is all over! I compare everything to natural labour, so obviously, this wasn't as bad, but a tear did escape today for a brief moment and dribble down my cheek. For the most part it was ok, just uncomfortable. I sang praise songs to myself and quoted scripture through the tough moments.
What I didn't do this week:
* sleep in. One day...
* stop eating chocolate...not one day...
Things I need to do:
* totally dig in and dung out the kid's bedrooms while they are away. My daughter is a big clutter bug. She has been forewarned that this will be happening, so hopefully she put away her prized possessions...
* repaint/decorate K's bedroom.
* make curtains, blinds, for the kids' bedrooms. This will be a BIG deal for me, as I don't really sew...
*finish planning a joint bd party for my parents.
* get ready for company coming in August, ie: clean the toilet downstairs that I never use or look at- it could possibly be very disgusting...
* get into shape to play in a soccer tournament in a stinkin' hot area of my province.* tomorrow I will be attending a celebration of life for a sister of 2 sweet friends of mine. She was a single mom who left behind 8 year old twin boys. This family is incredible and the service is sure to glorify God and break our hearts, all at the same time.
Things I want to do:
* read through my pile of library books.
* go out for dinner with my hubby ( we have 2 gift certificates to use)
* get a pedicure ( I don't see this happening)
* go into the Big City and meet up with my college girlfriends (I am doing this next week as I have to go see a specialist)
* watch a sappy romance tonight with hubby... or by myself unless I can find a compromise. He likes well done chick flicks once in a while.
Hope you all have a healthy, happy weekend!
4 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sure you'll be a blessing to the family.
I loved this post. :) Good luck with your list!
I loved this post, too.
I can't even imagine going to that celebration of life (I love that you called it that, btw). Those precious boys...I pray that God would wrap His holy arms around them and fill in all the gaps that they will have in their lives.
I've got a mile long list of things to accomplish this weekend, too.
I hope that the time flies while the oldest 2 are away. Praying for God's hand on them right now...
you have been kinda quiet all week and now i can see why!! i missed reading up on your daily details so this list made up for it.
i thought about you on that "fun" dentist dealie. not sure if i should ever complain about my mouth issues agian. 4 hours seems like the ultimate torture.
hope you can relax and enjoy all these on the list. and for the time w/ your friends...to be comforting and memorable.
p.s. i likie the new signature! (wink, wink)!
add to your list "come to california to visit hisgirl" and then you'll have yourself a list!
Post a Comment