We are heading into a long weekend here. We call it May Long Weekend- I know, we Canadians are original. It is in celebration of Queen Victoria's bd on May 24th, which is actually nex Saturday, but the holiday is always on the Monday before the 24th. I used to travel a few hours away and play in a soccer tournament, but now that I have 4 kids and this has become our busy work season, we usually just stay home. Today is the first day of what feels like summer. I had our woodstove on a few days ago, but out of the blue, all of the sudden, the temp is supposed to be in the high 20's for the next couple of days. This is good news as I follow in my gramma's tradition, and do most of my garden planting on the long weekend. Oh, my goodness, is this a super boring post??? Stick with me, I will try to come up with something more interesting...
I am mulling over some things. I am trying to rely on the Lord to work in a couple situations that I just want to FIX and CHANGE on my own strength. I have a loved one who could use prayer. He is reluctantly entering a custody battle with his wife as she is not allowing him to have much contact with his 6 month old son. She only allows him 3 visits a week, in a coffee shop, with a third party as a chaperone. I assure you that there is no logical reason for this, except she is TICKED that he is not sticking around for her to dish out more abuse on him. Part of me just smolders about it, most of me is just sad. He is the 11th little boy born into our close knit family, and it is hard to barely know him as we don't really get any time with him. Thinking of it from his dad's perspective breaks my heart and makes me want to lash out his mother. I just think that is SO mean! Lest you worry about me going ape on the woman- we are not playing her game and are just really trusting that God will work here. (lest you think I am too mature, you should know that I did hide from her in a local store. I just don't know what to say to her- She is pretty mad at us all.) I keep laying it at the Lord's feet, cause otherwise the injustice and lies could make the whole family crazy! If you think of the situation, maybe you can pray that hearts will be changed so that this little boy will grow up in a healthier environment.
So, I am going to attack my weeds today- the ones in my heart as well as the ones in my garden, and pray for growth and beauty! I was wondering if you had a long weekend in the States this weekend. When is Memorial Day? I was reading a front of a magazine that promised me and the check out woman that we could lose 12 lbs by then. We decided that we needed to find out when Memorial Day was before we took that promise to heart!
7 comments:
Memorial Day is next weekend.
I hear ya about the lashing out thing. One of the hardest things God calls us to do is to wait on Him. I think it is EXTRA hard when it is for a matter of justice. I am praying RIGHT THIS MINUTE that God would intervene on behalf of your family member.
I hope you have a really great long weekend!
Okay so first off...20 degrees?! Turn that wood stove back on and stay inside!!! Just kidding, I'm assuming you mean celsius? Funny how we do a lot of things different "down here". Your long weekend sounds like a great idea. It's 90 some degrees here in my neck of the woods today so I wish we had a long weekend ahead. Instead...just a HOT one! But oh I am NOT complaining in the land of rain, rain, rain.
I feel for you on the battle for your relative. Sometimes it is so easy to take up that offense for someone we love. And with a baby involved...watch out. I am sure God feels that way about us quite often. All in all, remember who is at the bottom of all this mess. The evil one and he would love more than anything to extend his deceit and meddling outward...so keep those eyes focused upwards girl!
Hope things are resolved peacefully for the whole family. God can do it!
Yes, that was in Celcius- in the low- mid 80s for you farenheit people. It doesn't ever get stinking, smoking, I am going to die hot here- we always have the ocean to jump into. In other areas of my province, it is more deserty and super hot during the summer, but not so much here.
Maybe I should move closer to you if it does not get that hot. It has been already into the 90's here. But we have also had some unseasonably cool weather here. Wish it would stay.
No long weekend here unless you are talking about my to do list.:) It will make for a long weekend.
Keiths back is better and so I do hope that we can get some things moved out of here. I called this morning to set the dates for the disconnect of our services---kind of sad to be saying goodbye to our phone number--we have had it for years. It kind of sets a little panic button off with the thought--how will people know how to find me??? You know should I win some huge landfall of money. Ha!
Anyway, I will say a prayer for this husband and child--how sad. And I know what you are feeling...sometimes when you know there is nothing Godly you can do but pray...well, it just sits wrong.
But prayer does work...and so we shall pray.
Love ya girl
It is nice to finally have some springy weather to enjoy. And what a treat that we get it on the long weekend! I too am doing a huge amount of planting this weekend- I saw that Meg is too- her truck was full of planty goodness. BTW thanks for digging up all her daylilies and such, they are happily living in my garden now!
I feel for your relative's situation. I know that what he is dealing with is very difficult and I'm sure is made harder by the fact that the other party is a little 'off'. Even though the situation is far from ideal, I know he treasures every minute with his little J, even if it is in a coffee shop!
Hee hee - Memorial day is next monday. Let me know if you loose 12 pounds by then.
Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. I agree a big hooray for the warm sunny weather... although when the clouds rolled in earlier today i was worried that the predicted great weather wasn't going to last. Looks like it's truly here to stay. I hope you have fun planting this weekend...that is exactly what I shall be doing too! Keeping your friend and his baby in my thoughts and prayers.
good for you for taking the high road! i wanna go kick some tail for you! i always get all indignant when grownups use their issues to mess up their kids.
also, if you lose 12 pounds by this monday, let me know.
furthermore, trade lives with me. it's 107 today. bluck.
Post a Comment