I will not be scheduling another early morning visit with him.
No, I am not having an extra marital fling! It was THIS Billy- Billy Blanks.

I borrowed an exercise DVD from my sis, as The Skipper will be starting work very early for the next few months, and I don't want to get up at 4 a.m. to run/walk before he leaves for the day. I figured I would try to find an exercise tape to do a few times a week- not my fave way to exercise, but whatever... This morning reaffirmed NOT to ask my exercise, aerobic queen, "I can run 20 km for fun" sister to rate the difficulty of an boot camp workout for me. I'm a tough girl, but you start making me do push ups for a WARM UP at 6 a.m. and yell things like "change your mind, change your wheel!" at me, and I get a bit overwhelmed! I still don't know what he meant by wheel. I have a spare tire around my mid section that could use a little deflation, but where's my wheel???
If you are very fit, can wield an exercise band like no body's business, and can figure out Billy's lingo, this is the video for you! I will be looking for something a little less challenging, perhaps.
14 comments:
Oh gosh, I am panicking now- your sister is giving me an orientation session at the new rec centre/gym. She's only supposed to show me around and answer any of my dumb questions but I'm sure she will put me through the paces!
Billy busted my chops for awhile, but good! I kept at it for about a week, and it's just too much for me. I even saw results right away, but I never got used to the massive physical labor that man put me through.
Thanks for the warning! No early AM bootcamp for me, thankyouverymuch!
Billy dropped by my house a few times last summer. He was MEAN to me.
I think I might have been doing something not quite right, though... i ended up having some hip issues. I should have started with the intro one where he teaches proper form! But I broke up with him.
Billy seems to be making his way around. I won't talk too bad about him because he is a brother in Christ.....but honestly.....he is too much for this old girl.;)
I think I'll have to stick to my bike.
I don't mean to dis him- I think he is probably quite effective, just maybe don't start with the bootcamp one that I did!
Oh my goodness, what a funny coincidence! I just got Billy Blanks Bootcamp from the local library last week. I run and do yoga and pilates regularly and thought that I was in pretty good shape, but after 20 minutes of this video I thought I was going to die. LOL I'm trying to stick with it though, at least for a bit. I need a bit of bootcamp in my life.
okay, so now i really don't have any excuses as to why i don't get my rump out movin' in the morning. oh *billy*, sweet motivating billy...yea he does make ya sweat huh?! way to go on staying motivated...can you spread some of that my way?
Yah, I have billy in my home too. Impulse buy. So old am I, I have yet to make it all the way through
At least you didn't just grab your coffee and plunk your butt on the couch and just watch him while you slowly woke up...that's SOOOO what I would've done.
*still laughing*
Yep. That maan came very close to putting me in traction. Thankfully I had a remote in my hand. Bu-bye Billy.
I have THREE of his tapes. Why, I have no idea. Maybe I'm sporting fantasies that one day I'll wake up a different person? ...like the high school version of me.
Until then. He remains locked up in my cabinet.
At least you tried though. That's gotta count for something.
If you're looking for something a bit easier. Maybe try Richard Simmons? ;)
Good for you working out. The diet part is easier for me than the exercise.
I worked out with Billy several years ago and he kicked my booty! He was too much for me.
I have had Turbo Jam for a couple of weeks not but have not tried it yet. I am planning to start Monday. I will let you know how it goes.
You crack me up...... hehe... I was wondering when you even got the time??????????? hehehehehhe
BUT.... velly goooood that you are moving the body an' doing the excercise!
i've watched my cousin do his workout and it looked very difficult and painful.
Post a Comment