Thursday, February 7, 2008

This should be a warning posted on my brain:



Well, you asked for some pics of our Disneyland trip, so here they are. For clarification, we went to Disneyland, California, which we live north of, in British Columbia, Canada. Between us and California are the states of Washington and Oregon. And you thought this post was going to be pure entertainment- I snuck some geography in on you!

Greeting Walt Disney:



In the shark exhibit at Sea World. The kids and I tend to be a little leary of zoos,etc, as we tend to feel sorry for captive animals, so we didn't spend the money to go to the San Diego Zoo nearby. We felt some tugs on our heartstrings to see the penguins in their exhibit area, though K was thrilled to identify them all as he is a fountain of knowledge regarding their species.



K and J had a close call at Universal Studios:



We met lots of the Disney characters:




Here is a classic Disney vacation portrait with that famous Mouse:



We had a great time- all went smoothly except for the Skipper's slashing incident (see post below). Our hotel actually WAS as close to Disneyland as the website said, a shuttle offered as a free ride to our hotel from the airport AND the driver offered to stop at a grocery store for us so the we could stock up on lunches and snacks AND got us a discount off all our groceries! The pool was right outside our room, which the kids loved even though the weather wasn't that warm. Even the rain and cloudiness worked in our favour as we Canadian West Coasters are part fish/duck and were not fazed by it. It kept the line ups down, which was a bonus. We got the kinks worked out by the 2nd day- the biggest one being that 8 year old K does not cope well on fast/loud rides. I discovered this the first day while riding the Indiana Jones atraction with him. It WAS dark, rough, and loud, but I didn't have time to take much in as 20 seconds into the ride, my darling boy was hunched over, hiding his eyes, covering his ears, and yelling : "MOM, I'M GONNA BARF!!! I'm GONNA BARF, I'M GONNA BARF!!!" I did what any mother trapped riding a jeep in the dark would do. Because he was in between me and another couple on a bench seat, I started gesturing and hollering back "BARF ON ME! BARF ON ME! DO NOT BARF ON THAT LADY!!!!" I am still laughing about that. We moms are so sacrificial! Thankfully, God heared my frantic plea and I was not vomited on!

Just so as to NOT end my post with the word vomit, I will tell you that I am almost ready to post my Pay it Forward contest. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Tricia said...

That is so funny! You know you are a good mom when you say things like "Vomit on me" or cup your hands to catch the vomit.

Just in case you were wondering, I am NOT a good mom, I would have told him to choose the other lady! :o)

Sharon Brumfield said...

That is too funny! I don't know if I would have offered my lap--there might have been two of us using it.
I thought ya'll had gone to Disney world--I thought what a horrible long ride ya'll were in for.
I have never been to California--but I have been to Canada. I know you were just dying to know that.
I am glad ya'll had a good time.
And might I say that you hair length is looking really nice on you.

randi said...

I grew up a couple of blocks away from Disneyland. It has changed so much since i lived there, but I LOVE Disneyland. It always feels magical.

Thanks for posting the recipe, it sounds great!

Katie said...

Look at you in that picture with Mickey! Hottie Mamma!

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

I am so glad that you guys had such a great vacation!
I am LOL at the vomit thing! It is so TRUE about Mom's.
I can't believe how y'all had to start your trip with an ambulance. Dern! It's a good thing that that wasn't any indication of how the rest of the trip would go!
Great pics, girl!

Gayle said...

Did I hear mention somewhere that you drove through Washington and didn't stop to say HI? I seriously live 5 minutes or less from I-5!!!! We could have had coffee!

So close. Then I bet your hubby would have let you meet us in Vegas next year!

carrie said...

fun stuff. I liked the pic of Cruella!