Sunday, January 13, 2008

Meet Little Halfmoon

Here is my entry in Emily's fun contest. Now, these are my more attractive pictures, Emily. I couldn't find my really scary ones (ages 7 - 13). I will have to post those one day. The one I have in mind involves self done crooked, stubby pictails, a corny blue flowered dress, lots of freckles, and buck teeth. (oh, it was my chubby faze too). One day maybe I will post that one, though I don't know why I would want to!

Notice the 70's bathroom decor here. It clashes with my snazzy checkered polyester overalls.:


It is hard to find a picture of me clean. It is not that my mother didn't wash me, it is just that I like to experience what ever I am working with- whether it be food, paint, dirt, etc. Even my highchair is 70's psychodelic!



NO, this is not a little run away. It is me communing with my cats. No wonder I remember being wormed so often...



This is the beginning of the bad period. I am still cute, if you look past the protuding teeth. After this age, things went awry for a few years, but straightened out after the help of thyroid medication, contacts, and a retainer. I thought that my blouse deserved special mention here- notice the neck tie/ascot/collar thingy-do. I still remember that scratchy brown jumper- I'm itchy just thinking about it!



So there you are. Emily, I think those teeth are worth at least 50 pints- oops, points! I guess pints would be a nice prize for some, but I don't especially like the taste of beer. This was fun. Thanks for letting me play!

For those of you who haven't yet, go check out Emily's blog and see the other entries.

10 comments:

carrie said...

I've totally been looking forward to seeing your pics. A little disappointed that you couldn't find the ones you were looking for, but these were great!

My bathtub is STILL that color of green. And the teeth--I feel your pain. Mine grew together by themselves, which is good since we didn't have the money for braces.

And dirty or not, you probably had a fun time.

ConservaChick said...

You were such a pretty baby! Such a beautiful face... even if dressed in bad 70's baby fashion! ~K

Christin said...

You. Crack. Me. Up.

Not that I'm laughing AT you. No. No. Just laughing at the commentary of your laughing at yourself. ;)

Constance said...

YUP, I'd say that those teeth make for some stiff competition! This has been a lot of fun!
Connie

Chelle said...

I loved the picture of you with your dirty face. You're adorable!! And I'm getting such a kick out of all of the old '70's fashion and decor. :-)

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

You were so cute!! (Still are.)

I LOVE the ruffles. I bet everyone at school was jealous of that fine brown ensemble.

Sharon Brumfield said...

What fun!
I enjoyed looking at the pictures of you when you were growing up.
Some went through awkward stages when they were young and some of us are still going through them. :)
There is still hope for me.

Tricia said...

Love the photos!

Especially the school photo!

How have you been doing these 2 weeks with the big kids gone to school? Settling into a new routine?

I've been praying.

Also, did the books ever get there? I've never sent anything all the way to Canada before so I was wondering how long it would take.

Have a great day!

KarenW said...

Love those photos! You look like a winner to me.

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

Love the pics!

I have tagged you. Feel free to pkay along.