Monday, October 22, 2007

My Fear

You may think that this is going to be a deep post if you go by my title. Nope. My laser eye surgery is set for Thursday. I don't get too worried about things like this, but ya know, there is something about the eyes... I am just a weensy bit concerned that something will go wrong and I will come out with almost no sight and will end up like this:



Without the helmet of course. Well, maybe on a bad hair day.

9 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

That is hilarious! Where did you find that photo??!

I'm sure everything will be fine. But if it isn't great, those snazzy glasses really will go well with just about anything.

Gayle said...

When I first saw that picture I was worried maybe that was your hubby or something. Didn't want to say anything! Glad to hear it's just a funny.

Can they change eye color when their in there? That might be fun.

Katie said...

Jane you could never ever come out like Bubbles, no matter how hard you tried!
I was scared too, I'm pretty sure everyone is. But it will all be ok. I'm so excited for you, I know how much this means to you!

Halfmoon Girl said...

I didn't know Bubbles name. For those of you wondering who he is, he is a character from a Canadian show called The Trailer Park Boys. It is quite popular with our redneck population. It is a pretty harsh, quirky show- I don't recommend it. Gayle, my hubby is better looking than Bubbles, though I would love him anyways...

Robin said...

Hey - I just had Lasik done in August. And like you - I was nervous. But it went really well. In fact I posted all about it on my blog if you want to check it out.
Good luck! You are going to love it!
P.S. You actually will look a little bit like your picture when you wear the sleep goggles they give you. They don't want you to rub your eyes when you are sleeping so they give you these really groovy goggles to wear - very romantic - NOT!

Amelia Antwiler said...

I laughed out loud at the picture - and realized that there is no possible way for you to look like that...

You don't have the right chin.

ConservaChick said...

What's wrong with that look? I think it's sexy! ~Karlie

Sharon Brumfield said...

Very funny picture!
Don't worry --be at peace. Just think how sharp and clean everything is going to look.
I am just a tad jealous. ;)

Katie said...

Ok, so Bubbles real name is Mike Smith. My brother, who schmoozes with all the acting big wigs, tells me he is a great guy, very funny down to earth normal person. Also apparently no one ever recognizes him from the show. Well no kidding! He doesn't look anything like Bubbles in real life!
Good luck tomorrow!