Tomorrow will be a big day around here. A and K are finally coming home after being away since July 20th! It is not as bad as it sounds, as they camped with us last week when we went up to my soccer tournament. They went back to their dad's as his birth parents were coming to visit and they had never met them before.
They have been away too long and I can hear it in their voices when I talk to them. I was doing ok ( which means I hate them being away, but understood them wanting to meet their relatives, so I gave them permission to go) until my daughter informed me that her brother cried himself to sleep a few nights ago. My mommy heart hit my feet as this is a boy who doesn't do that unless he is really feeling it. I was a bit frustrated with their step mom as she didn't call or get him call me. I usually pray with the kids in situations like this and it calms them down, instead of them continuing to be upset. They come home tomorrow. I would love prayers for a safe trip home for them and for comfort for my son.
5 comments:
Oh. My mommy heart hit the floor, too. I hope their home coming is full of joy overflowing!!
PS - HennyPenny's comment got me, too. *L* I had to check on my calendar - as I often get my dates mixed up. *L* It's still Tuesday.
At least for now.
So great to hear from you! I hav ehad issues with Blogger and have not been able to post comments and had to give up coming here. Hopefully this one will go through.
I loved LHTH and think it is easy enough for your kids to use on their siblings. Prep is minimal. I loved the hands on activities. And you can't get a much more solid based Biblical curriculum. Go for it!!
I can't imagine my kids being gone that long. Michael was gone for almost a month once--school. I cried a lot the first week.
Glad your crew is coming home.
Awww Jane, it will be so great to have them home. Who else is going to torture Billy like A does? He says he *hates* it, but I think maybe he doesn't!
I wish I had read this sooner, my heart is breaking for you little guy! I will be praying for the mending now that they are home.
Post a Comment